The start of our forever Est 2004

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Saturday is the day to get ready for Sunday

Welcome, Welcome, Sabbath Morning, Now we rest from ever care Welcome, Welcome, is thy Dawning Holy Sabbath Day of Prayer.

I love my dad :0)
This  January 23, 2011 Sunday I gave a lesson on keeping the sabbath day holy and it took me back to the Saturdays that we worked hard to get ready for the sabbath day. So we were on time and keeping the day holy as best we can. It was a Summer day on Saturday and we were out working in the garden weeding and cleaning the house to get ready for Sunday. We my brother and I didn't feel like working that day but with the promise of dance that night we were willing to do what we had to do. So as grumbled about our work my daddy happily sang  Saturday is a special day it's the day we get ready for Sunday we clean the house and shop at the store and weeded the garden and don't do again till Monday. This we know, but man we did not feel in the mood. But my dad so positive and up beat he was so good getting me at least excited about working to get ready for the sabbath. So as he made us laugh working hard and when we wouldn't stop complain he would do the little red hen thing putting his hand high up on his ribs saying he would do all by him self and get the reward him self. Seeing him do that and waiting for him to start strutting down one the rows like a chicken. It was funny to watch. It was really important to him and he wanted us to know it. When Sunday morning would roll around if we were at a dances or fireside late you could never till . He was up before any of us singing us a wake with Welcome Welcome Sabbath Morning Now,We Rest From Ever Care!! When we all could keep our eyes open even if was with out growling at him or each other. We would then ask both parent and dad would always say  Jason " Is it fast Sunday ?" Dad and would always say no it a SLOW Sunday so get ready. Mom would just say no. The there way you always know it was Sunday was that my dad took the time to make eggs. He would do it some week day morning but on Sunday if he wasn't sick he always made Eggs& toast. It was so nice and something we could count to fill you up and keep you full though church. I loved and Sunday morning something they were the most stressful even now. But my dad attitude made the difference for me. One last thing that made us all laugh was one morning we were late by my dad standard would just walk in five minute before normal we were there a half hour early. So we were stuck behind someone going slow and dad would say come on people we not going to church for a funeral and we thought was funny because we were head to church but not for that reason. Sunday now aren't quit the same at our house a little more stress I think for me this time because I am the parent and we just have to walk around are fence to get to church. But being late still bugs me so bad. An if we were late we sit out in hall. Odd I know but like my dad had habit or ways doing things that made him my dad so it is with my husband. An as I learn to never forget the things that my dad taught me and adds those to our everyday work and life. I am writing down my husband and my way of raising our family and adding a little bit of both our dad's and idea's and making them our own and changing what want for us and what best. But I will never forget that my dad attitude I try so hard to have the same wonderful attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting