The start of our forever Est 2004

Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Parent are Grandparents and the best one too #12


 Grand Parents The 12 of Oct is grandparents day and I never felt like I had a grandparent who I enjoyed the most but there were moment growing up and now that will never forget that make me laugh even today. One of them is grandma Dowdle having a fit about something to do with there mission they were going on in Africa. Don't remember the reason only that it was funny to watch a sixty something year act like a two year old. Then there is the love my parent for there grandchildren that is one best things in the world like the gift of a lobster for Emma. So the gift of a lobster is a store worth telling. We were shopping with my Mom and it was Easter Time. Emma was a bit ants and wanted out the cart to keep her happy I took her to see the lobster and well she loved it. My dad happen to call ask how we were and what Emma was doing. Told about her love of watching the lobster. When she was about seven month she saw one for the first time at my Mom's birthday party and well she liked it so much tried to teeth on it at the time. That when the love of lobster started so watching them live and moving around in the store was a big treat. Well  when grandpa found out what she was doing he said hey if she like them so much buy her a lobster. No way dad was my response, they were 12 dollars a pound at that time. Way to much for something so small and not worth there money. Then he says because it is Easter soon , get her a bunny then. No way, I will let them spoil her but that was to much so. We agreed on a balloon. He would give her the world if he could. An that was when she was the only one now that there are three of them my parents have helped take great care there grandchildren. They gave us little bit extra we need to buy our house. An they gave us money for Christmas last year and this year. Which money is easier to send then trying to shop present, but still wow they good to there grandchildren that are far a way. There Grand Ma Becky and Papa Kalvin are pretty awesome also they let them come for a sleep over that there house one weekend just them. An they also let them come and sleep over during the Rode in July. They also have taken them hoarse back riding in the spring between the season of April Conference on Saturday. They each have help and done things with them that are unforgettable. I am so glad they are getting to know both grandparents better then I got to know mine and that they know that there is such a value in having such a good relation with them. I hope it will help keep them going on the right path I know those who were adopted grandparents and family keep me going were I should. So hopeful blood related can do just as good for them if not better.

1 comment:

  1. Grandparenting is such an important role. I wrote a book for grandparents, Preparing My Heart for Grandparenting: For Grandparents at Any Stage of the Journey. You can learn more about it here: www.PreparingMyHeart.net. Can you help me spread the word?

    Thanks

    Lydia Harris, grandmother of five

    ReplyDelete

Voting